Most people will paint the wooden furniture lightly, but they will encounter certain problems trying to freshen up or change the color of chests of drawers and chests that have already been painted. Your great old dresser would match the interior if it wasn’t for dark stained wood and awful knobs. After cleaning, painting and with beautiful buttons, your dresser is like new again! Of course, not every painted chest of drawers fits into the particular room interior.
If you work at French Provence Design, you can opt for a whitewashed unit: it goes perfectly with the interior. Vintage or eclectic living rooms will look more original if you put some original painted units there. Today the painted chests of drawers can be used as a great decorative detail and also the functional furniture.
If you need to repaint the item here’s what you should do:
- Wash the furniture with soap and water and wait when it is completely dry.
- Treat the surface lightly with sandpaper and remove dust,
- Remove all drawers and doors.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the handles, hinges, door hinges,
- Use duct tape to separate the areas you will not paint
- Protect the floor from paint (you can use newspapers),
- prime the chest and wait for the primer to dry
- sand the primed unit,
- Use a roller first and then a brush to paint your dresser,
- If necessary, cover the device with the second layer of paint and let it dry,
- Seal the painted drawer when it is dry.
painted chests of drawers